Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Blog

Carrie Underwood sings the National Anthem. I need help to describing her outfit. Hopefully, one of my 5 followers will do so. Anita gives a thumbs up to her shoes.
6:28 PM: New Orleans wins coin toss (13th straight time NFC has won the coin toss)
6:30 PM: Colts about to kickoff, Jim Nantz looks really happy. He is dating a 29 year old.
6:33 PM: Saints go 3 and out. Surprised that CBS didn't cut to the first commercial.
6:35 PM: Colts offense is introduced. Anita thinks Austin Collie is dreamy.
6:38 PM: I was surprised when I saw what Pierre Garcon looked like. Expected a French guy in a beret.
6:41 PM: I was surprised when I saw Scott Fujita for the first time. Expected a guy that resembled a Samurai
6:42 PM: First commercial from Bud Light. weak. CBS caved and made them change the Tim Tebow commercial. How disappointing. The people that protested should be ASSHAMED of themselves. I spelled "ashamed" wrong on purpose.
6::49 PM: Anita informed me that Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush will get married if the Saints win. Another reason to root for the Saints. Note to whoever makes her wedding dress: leave a lot of room in the butt area and say no if she asks for white.
6:52 PM: Two commercial gems, Doritos commercial with guy that comes over to date single mom and Bud Light astronomers commercial
7:01 PM: How do you say touchdown in French? Was Pierre Garcon in "Julie & Julia"?
7:02 PM: Confession: I watched 3/4th of "27 Dresses" last weekend. I think my cajones retracted into my body a little bit that night.
7:15 PM: Rewound the game a little bit because I was trying to help with Ivana, so times might be a little of from now on.
7:18 PM: Eating pizza.
7:21 PM: Mark Sanchez gets a thumbs up from Anita. I knew she likes Latinos. She's always calling for landscaping estimates ...
7:24 PM: Wow, Brett Favre will sell anything ...
7:29 PM: Wondering what again rock stars the NFL will get for next year's Super Bowl Halftime Show. Jerry Lee Lewis maybe?
7:31 PM: Ivana's first "Again" Coldplay request
7:38 PM: Way to go Dodge, get a guy that plays a serial killer on TV to be your spokesman ...
7:42 PM: Troy Polamalu "Tru TV" commerical got a laugh out of Anita. She has low standards, she is one of my 5 followers
7:43 PM: I can't believe Sean Payton ran the ball 3 times inside the 10
7:51 PM: 1st half over and Ivana's 2nd "Again" Coldplay request.
7:56 PM: Ivana requests "Again" for the 3rd time as well as her first "Caillou", and "Nina and Star" requests. She even requested "the Wiggles"
8:03 PM: The first notes of "Baba O'Reilly" plays, reminding Anita that I chose this as the song that we entered our wedding reception to. Not happy times at the Vettickal household.
8:05 PM: Roger Daltrey proves that old guys can play the harmonica
8:07 PM: "The Who" is ruining it for aging rockstars hoping to audition for the next Halftime Show.
8:11 PM: "The Who" playing "Won't Get Fooled Again", NFL thinking "you're damn right we won't"
8:12 PM: Robert Plant and Jimmy Page call "The Who's" agent to threaten his life
8:17 PM: I relent to Ivana's 4th request for "Again"
8:23 PM: I take Ivana up to put her to bed.
8:32 PM: I don't think Anita actually used the word "dreamy" to describe Austin Collie, did I? Jeez, I did watch 3/4th of "27 Dresses".
8:59 PM: Ivana in her crib and I am about to resume the game
9:01 PM: Wishing America's CEO's were doing something more productive than dumbing down the country with another reality tv show.
9:04 PM: Feeling defensive about choosing "Baba O'Reilly" as reception entrance song. It was Paul O'Neill's at bat song during the Yankees run of World Series wins in the late 90's.
9:10 PM: Just see the onside kick. Wow! what a call by Payton. that takes cajones. I couldn't have made that call after watching "27 Dresses" last weekend.
9:15 PM: Touchdown Saints! First time in Super Bowl history that two "Pierre's" score the first two TD's. Don't think that will ever happen again.
9:16 PM: Oh jeez, Megan Fox in a tub of bubbles. Oh jeez.
9:17 PM: Grizzly Bear already sold out? really???? Volkwagen commercial with Stevie Wonder and Tracy Morgan at the end.
9:24 PM: Watching the game on delay.
9:25 PM: Random thought: what would you call a fear of homophobes? homophobia phobia?
9:26 PM: Not quite panic mode, but I cannot locate my chapstick
9:28 PM: Loving the battery on the MacBook. 3 1/2 hours of charge left
9:30 PM: Uncharacteristically bad tackling from a Gregg Williams' coached defense
9:33 PM: Wondering if people will read this far down
9:35 PM: E-Trade Yes!
9:37 PM: Chapstick found, crisis averted
9:42 PM: Google commercial "how to impress a French girl?" bathe ...
10:20 PM: wow Saints. Drew Brees definite MVP. Glad Gregg Williams will get his Super Bowl ring before douchebag Dan Snyder
10:22 PM: Jim Caldwell was outcoached.
10:23 PM: Yay! Another Kardashian wedding to look forward to
10:35 PM: new favorite NFL Player: Drew Brees

4 comments:

  1. ha! She always calls for landscape estimates!! HILARIOIUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not quite panic mode but I cannot locate my chapstick. HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My boy said, "The Who SUCKS." And he is usually so polite. Brett said, "And Roger Daltry used to be such a handsome man." And he usually isn't so polite. They had us all turned upside down with their extreme awfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. collie is amazingly hot!

    ReplyDelete