Sunday, February 24, 2013

Oscars 2013: The Blog, Part I

I really love to see the build up and anticipation for huge entertainment events like the awards shows, sporting events and the biggest of entertainment events:  The Keepin' It Real In The Suburbs Oscars 2013 Blog!

Anne Hathaway's Oscar Dress as seen in
Austin Powers
I skipped most of the Red Carpet show because as most people know, I'm fashion averse.  I did happen to tune in when Anne Hathaway was being interviewed.  Apparently it was rather cold in her chest area.  Really cold ...

8:27 PM:  Commercial for "Splash", a celebrity diving show?  really?  and we wonder why this country is going into the tank?

8:30 PM:  Seth McFarlane made Tommy Lee Jones laugh.
8:32 PM:  Ben Affleck must have seen me rocking my beard at the local Target.  He's totally copying me.

8:35 PM:  I'm amazed that these Hollywood windbags get so uptight.
I heard he's next playing Jared in
the Subway Diet Movie
8:40 PM:  Channing Tatum and Charlize Theron!  Wheeeze!  If they had a baby ...   btw, Channing Tatum looks like he is wearing Walmart's house brand today
8:41 PM:  Seth McFarlane is not working out so well
8:45 PM:  He redeemed himself a bit in the making out with Sally Field bit
8:47 PM:  Finally, the first award!  Best Supporting Actor
8:48 PM:  I haven't seen any of the nominated movies
8:48 PM:  Alan Arkin was great in "Little Miss Sunshine"
8:49 PM:  Phillip Seymour Hoffman should challenge himself in his next role and play a skinny guy
8:50 PM:  Christoph Waltz, 2 for 2 and both in Tarantino films.  Wow, he beat some legends
8:55 PM:  Somebody on Facebook made a joke Melissa McCarthy and Adele being the same person after the Golden Globes.  If I were not on the quiet car on the train, I totally would have LOL'd
8:56 PM:  John Travolta sighting!  An alert has been put out to all Masseurs in the local area.
9:01 PM:  Jessica Chastain shot, for some reason I'm craving Ginger Ale ...
9:05 PM:  George Clooney has confirmed that my beard look is catching on.  This is exciting for me.
Not sure which one won?
9:07 PM:  One of the Nelson brothers grew up and became a cinematographer and won a freaking Oscar!
9:12 PM:  Wow, I can't believe the band played Jaws music to drown out the Visual Effects winners.  Dat's cold dawg.  Nicole Kidman agreed
9:15 PM:  Can't get enough of the Dikembe Mutombo GEICO commercial. Speaking of Dikembe, a friend of mine once told me that Dikembe used to go to parties at Georgetown and say "Who is going to sex Mutombo tonight?"
9:17 PM:  Jennifer Aniston just reminded me!  I forgot the dang Saran Wrap at Costco today!  It was the last day of the sale too.
9:18 PM:  First muting of the sound to listen for crying kid.  Not worried it's the Costume Design award
9:19 PM:  Seriously, i'm wondering if Jennifer Aniston is having trouble moving her mouth.
Could also be a Nasonex ad
9:24 PM:  Music of Bond tribute, so was Timothy Dalton better as Bond or the guy in Beautician and the Beast?
9:27 PM:  That Bond singing thing started out super weird and then got a standing ovation.  Was it because the lady was old?  Standing ovations used to mean something.
So crusty 
9:30 PM:  Ameriprise chose Tommy Lee Jones because they thought that people would just think the old guy would yell at them  if they don't choose Ameriprise



9:33 PM:  I'm going to cut Part I off now, as we have reached a super boring awards segment.  I have been making Live Action Short Films my whole life and have never been given recognition.  Someday ....










No comments:

Post a Comment