Thursday, June 17, 2010

Are You Going To Go My Way?

I have reached the point in my blogwriting career where I need to ask the question: are my readers prepared to be entertained in a way where they will consider shunning other forms of media?  Is that even possible in a world?  I have been patiently waiting for an audience to build and I have taken steps to try to speed up the process.  It's not that I don't want to entertain the small audience that I have now, but my time is limited as is the reader's time.  There are more important things to do then read a blog or solve an environmental catastrophe.  I mean "Glee" is on as is "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" as well as a new season of that "Blank Shore" show that the kids love.  As Axl Rose so eloquently put it "Just a little patience, yeah, yeah ... I've been walking the streets at night, just tryin' to get it right ..."  I am trying to get it right.  In fact, I was walking the streets [ok, it was my lawn] at night and I saw 3 deer run across the street at the same time my neighbor was driving up to his house.  I don't think he saw the deer in time, so I put up my hands and closed my eyes to focus on making his car stop.  Guess what?  It stopped. So, I not only have super blogwriting skills, but I have super powers to stop moving objects.  The other day I was putting the clothes in the dryer and I stumbled upon an article of clothing that was kind of silky.  I thought it a large scarf, so I studied it further.  Just then, Anita walked into the laundry room and yelled "Jas, that's my underwear!"  Ok, I was just checking if you were still reading.  Am I getting to a point?  Does it matter?  Is it time to really dig in and write to my full entertainment potential?  Time will tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment