Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Beard-A-Thon

Some people do walks or races or biathlons or even triathlons for charity.  I have decided to do something even more grueling than all of those:  the 2010 Washington Capitals Beard-A-Thon!!!!!   

Here is the link where you can go to find more information as well my profile where you can pledge tax deductible donations.  I am not going to pressure you to pledge though.  


I shaved my goatee on Monday morning so I could start from scratch.  I will update my picture below with the beard progress every week at the Blog.  I realized why Anita likes the goatee better after I had shaved it off on Monday.  For some reason, the goatee helps create an optical illusion of a less ginormous nose.  Now that I am clean shaven, I can truly appreciate the monstrosity that resides on my face:  My Nose.  I also understand why the Chin family that also resides on my face, always complain about the tower blocking their view.

During this time, I will have to avoid traveling as I highly doubt I will be allowed to board a plane once my beard starts getting out of control.  I apologize in advance to all my fans as I will not be able to make any celebrity blogger appearances outside of the DC area.

Anyway, I hope that you will support the cause either by pledging and/or keeping up to date with progress of the beard.  I also hope you watch the Caps make their run to bring home DC's first championship since January of 1992.  










3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to remind you that DC United has brought several championships to DC since 1992.

    Let's go CAPS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good point and I will definitely make that correction in my next post. My El Salvadoran readers will be pleased

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh! Vamos United!
    United! United! Vamos United!

    Vamos a El Tamarindo después de la victoria de United or Caps.

    ReplyDelete