Sunday, January 16, 2011

Golden Globes Blog Part 1

It's the beginning of the awards season and I thought I would try to do a live blog.  Ricky Gervais will be hosting, which will likely be pretty funny and uncomfortable for those Hollywood blowhards.

7:58 PM:  Some British chick named Alexa judging celebrities fashion on the red carpet while wearing a red housecoat (may be in fashion, but looks like a housecoat to me)
8:00 PM:  Ricky Gervais in da house and takes a sip of beer.  Love it, he starts off by skewering Charlie Sheen.  Ok, he definitely took it easy on him
8:03 PM:  First time he gets bleeped out AND a Tom Cruise is gay joke!!!!!!
8:05 PM:  I am going to have to rewind.  Ricky Gervais' accent is thicker than I thought it was
8:06 PM:  Anita thinks Scarlett Johansson looks like the Bride of Frankenstein in her dress
8:07 PM:  Jesus, I mean Christian Bale wins Best Supporting Actor
8:07 PM:  Anita loves Christian Bale even more now that she hears his accent
8:09 PM:  Orchestra might be scared to start playing during Christian Bale's acceptance speech.  He may attack all of them.
8:10 PM:  He just got bleeped out after he said something about Robert Deniro.  Would love to know what he said.
8:10 PM:  Ladies Love Cool James, including my wife
8:11 PM:  Al Bundy is happy for Peggy's Best Supporting Actress in a TV series win
8:13 PM:  The orchestra guys are a bunch of douches
8:16 PM:  Jeez, what are you wearing Julianne Moore???
8:21 PM:  Worst acceptance speech ever.  You're in America man, learn English!
8:24 PM:  Gay kid from Glee won!!!!  Great acceptance speech.  Take that high school bullies like Paul Singh!
8:28 PM:  Holy ish!  Gwen Stefani is soooo white.  I just imagined my printer paper with some lipstick on it and looked at it longingly.
8:30 PM:  I guess they want to end Parks and Recreation which is why they added Rob "Show Killer" Lowe

8:32 PM:  I didn't know John Lithgow was the president of the Hollywood Foreign Press
8:39 PM:  Listen, Marky Mark should use all his fame and fortune to destroy all copies of his "rap music".  And yes, that includes "Good Vibrations"

I was really going to try to do this for the whole show, but I have become OBR (Overcome By Responsibilities).  I will try again for the next award show.



3 comments:

  1. You should have asked me to step in as a guest writer... I watched the whole thing and had wonderful things to say about each person. I appreciate your initial comments.... I generally agree with your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Asha, next time, I will ask you to fill in. In fact, you are welcome to guest blog any time you want, provided you live in the suburbs ...

    ReplyDelete